Monday, January 23, 2017

In October of last year I decided I should "formalise" my running by joining a run group. As we were approaching Fall and Winter, and the changing weather, I thought it would be a good idea to get hands-on advice and direction.

I joined a local "Learn to Run" group. And, while I was well ahead of the pace they would be running at, it has been a helpful and enjoyable experience.

(If I had joined when I first decided to start running, I probably would not have been able to keep up!)

There were about 12 of us in the group. All very friendly and supportive. It was a great experience that culminated in the Resolution Run on Dec.31st that I previously mentioned.

Many from the original group (including myself) wanted to continue and signed-up for the 5K run group that started in early January (2017). And, we insisted that our coaches - a great wife and husband team - continue on with us.

No comments: