Sunday, March 12, 2017

Moving along (with a sore knee) ...

I previously mentioned that I have been part of an amazing group of runners - both the instructors and the instructees - since last October when I joined some classes to better formalise my running. I just happened to get in with a great group of people.

Yesterday (Saturday) was going to be our last opportunity to be together and run together as we were doing a 5K at the end of our training.

Well, I made it through the 5K yesterday - a fun run celebrating the upcoming St. Patrick's Day that was held in Lucan, Ontario (Canada). I'm still nursing a sore knee so I wasn't sure of how this was going to unfold.

So, I self-medicated beforehand (I took 1 extra-strength Advil). And, while my knee hurt a bit throughout the run, I made it in 30mins, 8secs - amazingly among my better run times. Did I mention that it was cold and windy with a windchill of -17c? Brrrrrr!

My knee felt well last evening but this morning it is sore again.

I go to the chiropractor again tomorrow morning as a planned follow-up. And, then tomorrow evening, I will start my cross-training - finally.

As for our group? Well, we've decided that we will try to continue to meet to run outside of our previously more formalised setting. Sore knee or not, I will be there.

No comments: