Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm still out here. Not doing a very good job of posting regularly ... obviously.

Yesterday I did an "official" non-timed fun run - Running Room's Resolution Run.

Last year the Resolution Run was my first "official" (although untimed) run. It was a 5km for me. I did it with the group I did a Learn to Run Clinic with. So, to celebrate my 1 year anniversary I thought I'd try my first "official" 10km run.

My running friends and I have drifted apart - for various reasons. However, I was definitely not alone. In spite of the cold there were probably 250+ out for this run. It was chilly ... -13c. Fortunately, there was no wind. Snowy and very slushy course at the west end of London's Springbank Park made good footing difficult. For the last 2 kilometres I paced a guy the caught up with me from behind. He was gradually increasing his speed and I ended up going much faster than I likely would have without him.

My watch showed I did 10.07 kms in 1:02:10 - pretty good for my first "official" 10 km race - especially given the conditions.

Now, if I could just focus and lose that stubborn last 15 lbs maybe I could do better.

Maybe I can get back to posting more regularly. (Maybe)

In the meantime, Happy New Year! and All the best!

No comments: