Sunday, January 14, 2018

It's cold!

I haven't run in 2 weeks - since New Year's Eve. The weather in southwestern Ontario has been a real pain - very different from last year. So cold!

Anyway, I decided to run today - around 5k - just to at least do something. Yes, I could run on a treadmill. But, I personally can't stand them. So, off I went.

Street and sidewalk conditions were okay. Snow and ice for the most part. Nothing deep, just a bit uneven and potentially slippery. Just had to be careful. Temperature was -9c (-15c with the windchill). I really don't care to run in weather that's any colder. Or, even that cold, for that matter!

Went 5.65kms in 36:50mins; 6:31 per km. That included doing my typical 10 & 1's (run 10 mins, walk 1 min.).

Not bad. But, at least I was out doing something again.

No comments: