Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I have been having trouble keeping up with posting on this blog - obviously.

Anyway ...

So, I stretched my Run on Saturday as I intended - moving from 60 seconds run/90 seconds walk to 75 seconds run /75 seconds walk. So, I both increased my run interval and decreased my walk interval at the same time. Boy, that was a tough Run. But, I made it!

Because I wanted to make sure I am active for at least 45 minutes, on Sunday I went for a walk to measure out some slight changes to my route. And, I did the same on Monday with my usual Walk day.

Meanwhile, my lovely wife is taking this week off from work for "vacation" time. And, of course, she has decided to start to repaint the inside of our house - starting with the upstairs (main) bathroom. This necessitates removing the toilet so she can properly paint behind it. Well, removing the toilet and putting it into the bathtub out of the way caused me to strain a muscle in my back - lifting and twisting without thinking, of course.

Tuesday morning, I woke to a sore back. It was supposed to be a Run day, but I wasn't sure how it would go - especially with my newly extended run intervals. Amazingly, it went fine!

This morning I woke up fine. But, as soon as I went to get dressed my back went and I could hardly move. I still went for my Walk, but I wasn't sure how far I'd get. (I had visions of phoning my wife to come and get me in her car.) Well, I made it. But, as you can see by my time, it is one of the worst paces I have had in a long time, although most of the slow part was the first half.

Geez ... I must be getting old!


Friday's Walk - 6:05am; 5.3kms; 52mins; 17c; cloudy

Saturdays' Run - 6:05am; 5.9kms; 44mins; 18c; clear

Sunday's Walk (off day, casual walk) - 5:55am; 6kms; 59.5mins; 18c; clear

Monday's Walk - 6:00am; 5.3kms; 53.5mins; 17c; partly cloudy

Yesterday's Run - 6:10am; 6kms; 46mins; 16c; clear

Today's Walk - 6:10am; 5.3kms; 57mins; 16c; clear

No comments: