Wednesday, August 10, 2016

On Monday I conducted some client meetings with a colleague who also runs - not marathons, but runs - and, I think, she is probably about 20 years or more younger than me. I was asking her how her daughter's running was going and we talked a bit about my progress.

I mentioned how I have this habit of counting my steps during my run intervals to keep myself motivated in that I only have so many steps left in a run interval and I can then look forward to a rest (walk) for a minute or so. It has always been my intention to let go of this habit once I get running more and further. She suggested I just stop now and focus on listening to my music.

So, Tuesday being my next Run I did that. HOLY CRAP! I cut a full 2 minutes off my time! That said, I was getting exhausted towards the end of my last couple of run intervals. (I have been careful to avoid having that happen - up until now.) My next Run is tomorrow morning. I will need to somehow adjust my pace without the benefit of "counting" and see how I do. I want a full 45 minutes of activity (minimum) including my warm-up walk. But, I do not believe I am ready to extend my distance based on my Run yesterday. Not just yet, anyway.

 BTW - Does the colour of your home's front door match your car? After my wife's recent house painting, ours does! Or, at least it matches my wife's car. I guess my car matches our roof!


Today's Walk - 5:55am; 5.3kms; 53mins; 18c; clear

Yesterday's Run - 6:05am; 6.0kms; 43.5mins (wow!); 17c; clear

Monday's Walk - 6:05am; 5.3kms; 52.5mins; 12c (birr!); partly cloudy

No comments: