Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Rant - continued

I wrote to seven fund companies asking for their position regarding investing in companies that produce cluster munitions - which I view as an illegal activity for Canadians due to the passage of Bill C-6 [2013-2014] that became effective Sept.1, 2015.

I have heard from one fund company so far. Their position is that they do not see any reason that they would invest in a company that manufacturers cluster munitions as it is unlikely to meet their investment criteria. Didn't exactly answer my concerns about whether they considered such an investment illegal or not. Disappointing.

For some information on cluster munitions you can visit www.clusterconvention.org or also www.minesactioncanada.org

Today's Run - 6:05am; 5.9kms; 47.5mins; 21c and humid; partly cloudy

No comments: