Monday, May 23, 2016

Decided on a change of pace. Walked today as well as yesterday. I'm now going to walk 6 days a week - 3 days serious and 3 days basic aerobic/cardio. It would appear my muscles are up to it. Breathing is not an issue. I figure I am walking at a pace that's about 60% of my maximum heart rate. However, today I walked yestderday's route in reverse. It's amazing how everything looks so different from the opposite direction.

And, I measured off a course of about 6.5kms for when I start incorporating running into my 3 serious days. I hope to eventually run for 5kms with 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down walks. Maybe this new route will work. We'll see sometime in the non-too-distant future.

Holiday here in Ontario today - Victoria Day, which, in the local lexicon, is the May two-four weekend. Not really sure just when we started calling it that. Also, not sure what it says about us 🤔
After a few chores this morning went for a ride on my motorcycle for 4.5 hours and covered about 250kms. That's more than I rode all last year!

Today's walk: started @ 6:45am; 5.4kms; less than 53mins; temp 6c (an hour later it was 14c!)

No comments: