Thursday, May 26, 2016

So, what got me started on this? As I mentioned earlier, my youngest daughter gave me a Jawbone UP MOVE last year for my birthday/Father's Day. That probably was the catalyst.

Also, I have been involved in a business "coaching" program for a couple of years. Last year a book was mentioned. It sounded interesting so I picked up copy. And, like so many other things in life, it sat on the self until a year later when it was once again mentioned during a business coaching session. So, I dusted it off and started reading.

That was 2 months ago and I still haven't finished the book. However, it's not that I have been lazy about it. Not at all. Instead, it has spurred me to action. Finished 14 chapters. Only 4 more to go but they can wait - for now. Instead I am putting into action what I have read so far.

The book? "The ONE Thing" by Gary Keller with Jay Papasan. (There are a few other books that are helping me with this "I am 60!" journey that I will mention as we progress.)

Today's walk - It had been lightly raining. But, it looked like it would likely stop soon (no, I didn't give it "the look" this time) so I went out at 6:10am. It was kind to me and did not continue to rain and was clearing somewhat by the time a got home. 5.3kms; 52 mins; 18c - it's getting warm. (Better than later in the day when it's 30c and humid!)

No comments: