Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I believe I previously mentioned how "disappointed" I was in the Heart Rate Monitor App I was using on my iPhone. Full-screen ads would pop-up before the final reading was even available - with no way to close the ad without shutting down the app (at least as far as I could tell). So, deleted that app ("Instant Heart Rate - Heart Rate Monitor" by Azumio) and downloaded the Heart Rate Monitor app by Cardiio. It's much cleaner and can detect your heart rate with either your finger or via your eye. Since I wear glasses and am far-sighted taking off my glasses would mean I would not likely be able to read the result. My finger will do fine, thank you. (But, isn't technology wonderful - most of the time. To have access to such tech - for free, with a smart phone - is really quite amazing.)

Another side note on tech - I have been wearing the Jawbone UP MOVE my daughter gave me but using the optional wrist band. Unfortunately, it will detect some additional, non-walking/running movement. I went out on my motorcycle for a ride on Monday (4.5 hours, about 250 kms with stops - more than I rode all last year!) and my UP, by the end of the day, calculated nearly 28,000 steps! I'll take it! However, my actual steps was probably closer to 10,000 - 11,000. I gave my daughter a heads-up as we share such info between us. (Maybe I should not have said anything - hmmm.🙄)

Did another 5.2kms in about 51 mins; partly cloudy; 13c - no more long sleeves!



No comments: