Sunday, June 12, 2016

I have found my Garmin vivoactive HR a bit less accommodating than the free Runkeeper app I am using on my iPhone. While I can program Runkeeper to include any warm-up and cool-down along with my intervals of running and walking, this Garmin wearable seems to be focussed strictly on the activity - ie. the Run. Also, while I can adjust my intervals on Runkeeper by 1 sec, Garmin requires 15 second changes. I think 5 sec would be better.

I'm sure Garmin has based the Run app (or is that a widget - I'm not sure I know the difference), and others, on the wearables they have that are more sport specific. However, their vivoactive HR is better for someone, like me, that is starting out and needs more flexibility in the tracking - smaller increments in intervals, for example. Also, while the Garmin vivoactive HR has a Walk app/widget, it does not appear to have a corresponding section on the iPhone Garmin Connect app. Another shortcoming.

Today was a Run day. Certainly a lot cooler than yesterday - a balmy 11c, windy, mostly sunny, no real humidity; 5.4kms; 49.5mins (includes 5mins warm-up & cool-down each, 30sec. run/90sec walk)

No comments: