Sunday, June 5, 2016

I'm experimenting with adding running to my walking routine. On Thrusday, excluding warm-up and cool-down walks, I ran 1 minute & walked 4 minutes, and repeated these intervals for the full 5.3kms.

Today I changed to 30 seconds of run & 2 minutes of walk for the same 5.3kms. Both Runkeeper and my vivoactiveHR fitness tracker can coach me as to when to run versus walk. Also, with Runkeeper I can program in the warm-up and cool-down parts. Vivoactive HR seems more focussed on just the actual Run (run/walk) part so I guess, to be most accurate with it, I should just start and stop it for the Run part only.

I'm going to be away at a conference for the next couple of says. I might try out a treadmill at the hotel as I do not know what the area will be like for running. I'll try not to fall on my face as I've never used one before. Maybe I should swim instead.🤔

Today 6:15am - 5.3kms; 50.5mins.; 5 mins walk warm-up, 16 intervals of 30sec run/2mins walk; 5 mins walk cool-down; temp 18c, humid; overcast (had been raining)

No comments: