Sunday, June 26, 2016

So, what have I been so nervous about? What's the big deal?

As I mentioned previously, on my 55th birthday I got my beginners' motorcycle licence - a written test for the M1 which is good for up to 90 days and then, after passing a brief skills test, M2 for up to 5 years. That's graduated licencing in Ontario. Well, my 5 years is almost up and, while I was going to go for the "M2 Exit" test last year, I just never got around to it. So, with just a little under 3 weeks left to hold a valid M2 I did my Exit test today. Should not have been any big deal, but it is.

Or was - I passed! Drinks all around!

Meanwhile, my fitness tracker keeps telling me I'm not being very active today. Yeah, right! Part of the M2 Exit course I did had a small group of us riding around all morning - since 7:30am - practising with the instructor yelling in our ears over a radio. Then our individual riding test (mine was at first at 12:30pm). Ever checked a heart rate monitor after all that! My heart got exercised even if my legs didn't!

Back to our regularly scheduled program of Walks and Runs tomorrow.

No comments: