Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Ride

I keep mentioning how excited I am about completing my test for my full motorcycle licence. Well, I had to aim for something at 60 - in addition to getting into better physical condition - so that was it. (I have a few other ideas I'm working on.)

So, this is what I'm currently riding

It's a 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT. Nothing too fancy. But, it's bigger than what I was first riding (2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 500) and is nicer on the highways - although something just a bit bigger wouldn't hurt. That being said, I needed something to fit my short legs. Even this bike - which was a good fit - was lowered 1" (2.5cm) to be more comfortable. It's a belt drive, liquid cooled and fuel injected - all key items to me. And, given that it's fuel injected, it gets as good fuel economy as the Vulcan 500 did (it was carbureted) with almost twice the engine displacement.

Today's Run - 5:50am; 5.8kms; 48mins; 15c and overcast (virtually clear by end of Run)

No comments: