Thursday, June 2, 2016

NEW BLOG NAME - NEW LOOK - I thought, since I've been doing this consistently for a month now, that I would try to learn more about how this Blogger thing works, and make things a bit more relevant - and cheerful!

****

Yesterday I talked about my weight. I think I should emphasize how big a deal this is for me.

I do not remember my weight in high school. I do remember being teased in elementary school about my weight. However, as puberty set in, I became much slimmer. I believe at one time I was wearing pants with a 28" waist. I do however remember that early on in our marriage there was a couple that my wife and I used to hang out with, The ladies were getting concerned that their guys were gaining weight. So, we weighed ourselves. I believe I weighed about 165lbs at the time. That would have been over 3 decades ago - and, I was never that light again!

It would appear that I basically gained 20 lbs with the birth of our first child. Two more kids, and 40 more pounds, plus a few more for good measure, and now you can see how I eventually maxxed-out at 210lbs. (I gained with each child - no doubt sympathetic weight gain so my wife wouldn't feel so bad while pregnant. After each child was born, she lost the extra weight - I didn't!)

So, having recently clocked-in at 172lbs means I haven't been down to this weight in decades. It really is exhilarating- if that's the right word for it. And, I still have a ways to go.

Today was a run day - my intention was to get in at least 8 "run" segments so I went my 5.3km route; total time, including 5 minutes each for warm-up walk and cool-down walk was 47.5mins.; I had 9 x 1 minute run segments with 4 minute walks in between; temp 16c; clear. Some of the run bits were a bit of a challenge, but it seemed to get easier(?) the further along I got.

No comments: